Monday, November 26, 2007

Texroad Asshouse

Exhibit A:

If it doesn't say Texas, it's not Texas Roadhouse.

Exhibit B:

TEX ROADHOUSE


I rest my case.

Our local Texas Roadhouse has a bit of an issue with their neon sign - always have. Right after it opened (as I may already have mentioned) the problem became apparent. Each half of the sign was on a different circuit. This meant, that one side of the sign went from "TEXAS ROADHOUSE" to "TEX ROAD" and the other side became "AS HOUSE".

This was the source of endless amusement... and they have yet to get the kinks worked out. After many iterations, it is as the picture shows. Only, now I am aware that the malfunctioning sign has actually caused the restaurant to not exist - according to their own rules.

3 comments:

Speroni said...

I always liked to think of it as the "Tex Road - As(s) house" (read Ass house.) Vulgarity is amusing.

I do have to admit they do have a way with a rib eye. I got the ny strip last time to mix it up, but I dunno the rib eye there is just the bees knees.

frosty said...

I have a habit of referring to bars and restaurants by nicknames. It's a bit elementary-school, but it amuses me. I think it should be apparent by not that it doesn't take much.
I'm a fan of anyplace where you can toss your unwanted food waste on the floor. Not like IHOP, where I was kicked out for tossing my extra pancake on the carpet.
This is a segue (yeah, that's really how it's spelled - I checked) to a concern of mine - the acronymization of restaurant names. Fist it was IHOP, then KFC... before you know it, you will be going to OB for a Australian seasoned-and-seared prime rib. Incidently, _that's_ the hornet's leg-joint of meats, IMHO ;)

Speroni said...

I am a huge fan of OB, but for some reason I have really been enjoying the Asshouse lately. The best thing at OB is the Outback style prime rib, but the problem is, after it is slow roasted all day they then have to sear it to get the seasoning on. It takes away from the rare-ness.

At the Asshouse you can order the Rib-eye, (which incidentally is the same cut of meat just w/o the slow roasting. That comes out really nice and rare, and they seem to have a nice subtle sauce/glaze which adds to the savory of the meat w/o distracting from the natural flavor.

I suppose you could get the rib-eye at OB as well, but it's either no seasoning, or over seasoned.

It's like 5.999 to one 6.001 to the other, but it's clear that I have given this no thought...