Monday, February 05, 2007

A Great Place to Work


At first I thought the sign was all propoganda... then I realized that both holders worth of applications were cleaned out. Either Denny's really is the place to be, or the employees took them all in a bizarre attempt at job security... but in the latter case it would mean that they really want to be there. I'm in on that hot little piece of property though - I bribed the cashier $20 to get me a stashed copy of the application form. Eat your heart out suckers ;)

It was a good meal though - we had a really perky and engaging server. Turns out it was his first official night there, so that explains why his soul had yet to be crushed by the endless waves of drunk, obnoxious customers who are Denny's patrons. We consider ourselves amusing, but had to be annoying with our incessant pleas for custom menu items (what, you don't have prickly-pear salad?) and demands for "more stuff smothered in gravy". By the time we left I was thinking they needed to expand into symbiotic services - think "Denny's: 24 hour diner and angioplasty"...

No comments: