Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Rocky Waters

This personal poetic work is allowed on the site because... well, I'll tell you afterwards.

Curled for warmth against the night
I try to embrace sweet sleep
But my by bed is ever shifting
As the oceans dark and deep

Peak and trough the rolling waves
Dig in your claws and fight
The pitch and yaw of heaving deck
Through to morning light

Cast upon the swaying water
Tossed on restless seas
Fragile is my slumbering
Between my master's knees

For I'm a feline pedigreed
Queen of hearth and home
So through the night I wonder
though not I am alone:

Why am I doomed
to sleep on
the ever rocky waters
that is my human?

So why did I include it? Because I'm expressing myself! Alright, that and because this was inspired by a text message partially included in the last stanza. See, if you want to become as random as me you must 1) watch "Who's Line is it Anyway" ('though someone should tell Ryan Stiles that homosexual overtones in humor can be over-used... or just plain beaten to death... other than that, love you man) and 2) surround yourself with "unique" friends.


What's a "unique" friend? Let's just say you know them when you see them ;) Here's to all my friends - "odds are, at any given moment, something funny is happening to one of us".

3 comments:

frosty said...

And remember - your cats love you because you are their warm-blooded furniture...

Anonymous said...

A soul unique in everyway
Is why we think they come.
To give and get attention,
Ever constant as the sun.

But truth be told,
Though hard to hear
as our hearts are e'er flooded...

Your cats love you most because
you are their furniture warm-blooded.

...a tribute to "unique" friends! :-D

frosty said...

Hmmm - I smell a poem war brewing... go head, give me your toughest line ;)