Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tips for Tractor Boy

While warming up my toes from cutting the Christmas tree last weekend, I noticed an odd collection tin sitting on the table... "tips for tractor boy"? Now, I thought it was funny wording (thus it made it here) but I have to admit, I knew exactly what it was saying.

I don't think there is a more succinct way of saying "tips for the young guy that picked you up in the trailer out in the field and fork-lifted your tree back". All I'm saying is that it could be taken the wrong way... such as "a collection to help pay for long-term care for the local kid that got into an industrial accident and now can't wipe his own nose". Or possibly "tips to help us save enough money to buy our son back from indentured service to the sideshow". Man I wish I had enough time and talent to whip up a classic circus poster spotlighting "Tractor Boy" - sidelined by "Combine Kid".

No comments: